At ilumi, we breathe new life into everyday devices to naturally connect people with their environment -- enlightening things to enlighten people. We are a team of passionate and motivated individuals that care about what we do and enjoy doing it together.
ilumi appeared on ABC's Shark Tank in April 2014, receiving an investment from Mark Cuban and was named one of Entrepreneur Magazine's top 100 most Brilliant companies of 2015. ilumi products are sold at Best Buy and other retail stores across North America, and tens of thousands of people are lighting up their homes, offices, and businesses over the world.
We are looking for an outstanding Web Developer to be responsible for the developing web services and creating innovative design and layout of our website.
- Responsibilities include building and maintaining our website and web services from concept all the way to completion from the bottom up, fashioning everything from the home page to site layout and function.
- Regular exposure to business stakeholders and executive management, as well as the authority and scope to apply your expertise to many interesting technical problems.
- Candidate must have a strong understanding of UI, cross-browser compatibility, general web functions and standards.
- The position requires constant communication with colleagues.
- Experience in planning and delivering software platforms used across multiple products and organizational units.
- Deep functional knowledge or hands on design experience with Web Services (REST, SOAP, etc ..) is needed to be successful in this position.
- Strong grasp of security principles and how they apply to web applications.
Required Skills & Experience
- At least 3 years experience as Software Engineer working on .net projects.
- C#.net, ASP.net, MVC, Web API, AWS, Dependency Injection and web services technologies.
- Provide accurate estimates for sizing User Stories.
- Plan and manage workload to ensure that the agreed outputs are delivered within the agreed timeframes, service level agreements, budgets and quality levels, High-quality design, development and peer reviews Provide regular recommendations on improvements (both technical and budget) Provides solutions that add commercial value to products.
- Undertake regular "brown bag" presentations Self-motivated Can do attitude Work closely with Architects and Scrum Master to ensure team attains continuous improvement Ability to follow and teach the best practice that would add commercial value to products.
- Be professional at all times and demonstrates the ability to be objective about a situation.
- Have the ability to provide constructive criticism in an inoffensive manner and be willing to help the team achieve the sprint goal.
- Ability to meet with clients as and when needed to discuss technical issues.
- Excellent communication skills
Why work here?
A small team of passionate people where your work will matter and have a direct and visible impact
Competitive medical, dental, and vision insurance options
Catered lunches and team happy hours
Flexible and autonomous environment that is results driven
A house full of the coolest Smart lighting and connected home products